looking for a new alarm (hijack split off)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will quietly sneak into your topic as I'm seeking for and advice as well.
Currently we have galaxy le sucre(old adt installation, that we're ditching), and we're looking for something that would:
* be pet friendly(cat + golden retriver)
* be wireless
* could send notifications via gsm/wifi/lan connection to our phones
* (possibly be extendable by adding for example iptv camera in the future(?)(maybe))
* have a outdoor bell
* cost us around up to £400?(I think that would be reasonable)

After some research(took some time, the longer I read the longer it took) I wanted to go with:
Texecom KIT-0002 + Texecom ComWifi.

Buuut I searched internet a little bit more and I found that topic: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/texecom-comwifi-is-it-really-this-terrible.464691/
which makes me think 'Say whaaaat?' unreliable notifications for the alarm system is quite bad thing.....

Which makes me ask, is there something that you could recommend as specified above?

Sponsored Links
I can advise on pet detectors as I've just changed 2 of mine due to a new puppy in the house. Mine are wired versions as they're microwave as well as PIR and on the instructions it shows symbols with a tick or a cross. It shows 1 animal with a tick, 2 animals together with a tick but 2 animal separate from each other and a big cross.

So in theory I've read on Texe website that those PIRs should cope with a pets that are up to 35kgs with 2 pulses(whatever it means) and with smaller animals with one pulse.
I'm quite worried about that comwifi module though, hence the question :(

So in theory I've read on Texe website that those PIRs should cope with a pets that are up to 35kgs with 2 pulses(whatever it means) and with smaller animals with one pulse.
I'm quite worried about that comwifi module though, hence the question :(
Mine are Bosch tritec ones and do up to 45KG, the only adjustment is the microwave range, think the Texecom ones are PIR only and not microwave. I also have the comwifi and its about 90% reliable so not really much use if your getting broke into in that 10%. I have mine as a cheap way to connect with Wintex and as a backup to a GSM dialler. I wouldn't want to rely on it as my only path.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
the com wifi is 100% reliable once set up correctly and given the usual wireless issues.

that said comip is a lot easier and there's less to worry about.

some of the comwifi issues appear to be with connection to the router, with so many routers out there you need to make sure the router is correctly set up. (a cloud based would be so much better for setting up).

the notifications are more reliable on apple devices than android devices without any doubt.
I would recommend the gsm module aswell due to the notifications using ip not being guaranteed.

the com wifi is 100% reliable once set up correctly and given the usual wireless issues.
I'll rephrase what I said, the comwifi maybe 100% reliable in the sense of sending the message to the Texecom or your own Montex server but to get a push message delivered to a device is certainly not 100% reliable.

unfortunately the notifications are not reliable as outlined, so I certainly wouldn't rely on them as the only coms path.

I'll rephrase what I said, the comwifi maybe 100% reliable in the sense of sending the message to the Texecom or your own Montex server but to get a push message delivered to a device is certainly not 100% reliable.
Is there a way to poll Texecom alerts manually and send them via own method?

If better not to go with this route, is there any other kit similar as outlined above that I should consider?

Is there a way to poll Texecom alerts manually and send them via own method?
Yes, you can use Montex and Textbase, both come on a cd when you buy the panel although you would need the PC on 24/7 to use it yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back