Looking for advise on a custom fit portable aircon window..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right guys,
I have a portable aircon unit and have bought some perspex thats cut perfectly for my window. I've cut a hole out so that the aircon hose fits into the perspex sheet.

I need some ideas on how I can attach the sheet to the window securely. I have a house cat, so she cannot get out. Temporarily I've used cable trunking (taking the lid off) and stuck one at the bottom of the window frame and one at the top and the perspex slides in, but it's not reliable. I want something different so it's more secure and so it can easily be removed when not in use. Something like a twisty arm that can be moved up or down to lock and unlock the perspex.

Would love to hear your ideas on what I could use.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
So if I'm following you open your window and in its place you stick a bit of perspex over the opening (that has the AC duct passing through it) and need a secure method of holding the perspex in place?

So if I'm following you open your window and in its place you stick a bit of perspex over the opening (that has the AC duct passing through it) and need a secure method of holding the perspex in place?
That is correct

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back