Looking for high level screening ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2m high close boarded fence and I want to add some extra privacy between two plots.

I've seen the ornamental type trees that have clean stems up to 2m then they're grown beyond that but they're a minimum £150/ tree and I'd say I'd need well over 10.

I've seen pleached trees but they're even more expensive. Although I could have a go at pleaching some myself but it'll take years to establish.

Ive seen the cheap artificial rolls of ivy but it looks crap and it'd still be several hundred to get the coverage.

Has anyone got any ingenious ideas that might suit my problem that doesn't result in ££££'s in cost or years to establish? Big ask, I know!!!

Sponsored Links
A pleached tree or tree form shrub of some sort is your only real choice. Individual trees especially evergreen ones are suprisingly good at breaking up an unpleasane view but if you need a more solid screen for privacy this won't work.

I have in the past used some cotoneaster franchetti which were grown in a tree form with clear stems up to 4 feet.

They grow quite quickly and were to be trained into a pleached shape but less strict.

There is no middle ground, either spend big bucks for instant effect probably 300 plus per plant

Or do it yourself and not have much of a screen for 3 years but spend 40 quid a plant

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back