Looking for Reeddrop glass for window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

am looking for a piece of reeddrop glass (1270mm (vertical) x 350mm (horizontal) for an old porch. It's discontinued (and i know it's not modern thick stuff), but i've one pane to replace to keep it all matching.

Anyone help?

I've contacted a couple of glass merchants to no avail.

Design in pics below.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
I've been in and around glass for 20 years, this glass has been obselete for at least 10 years that i know of possibly more, we used to find the odd bit still lying around in glass shops unwanted racks but stocks soon dwindled, all you can do is keep ringing.

Its reeded with pips you need to ask for, try pilkingtons, they are the largest manufacturer of glass in the UK and in all probability its their pattern.

If not try Saint Gobain Glass, a french company that is the biggest in europe, but they also produce glass here and compete with pilks.

Bear in mind because its a porch it'll need to be toughened glass

Did you find some Reed Drop glass, we need some?v Please let me know asap.
Wendy

Having googled and come across this post, I am also after a peice of reed drop glass about 1.000 x 1.000, so if anyone did come accoss any I would also be inetersted.

Sponsored Links
Hi, yeah, i did find the piece i was looking for, but that was through pure chance really, and was the last bit they had. I just kept ringing around a few shops in the Kent area (most impressions were there would be fat chance of finding some), so it was a bit of a J R Hartley moment when i finally found it. Sorry i can't be of more help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back