Loose Window Lock on uPVC Window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Although the handle and lock works fine on my window, it moves slightly as if its coming loose. There are two cap looking things near the handle as I was wondering that if I can get one of them off, I might be able to tighten the screw if there is one. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Prise the caps off with a small screwdriver, and tighten the screws underneath up. Job done.

have the same problem.when i removed the caps and tried to tighten them up the screws don't seem to grab hardly at all.is this an easy fix or should i get an expert in to service the windows.they are about 9 years old(only moved in 3 months back).about half of my windows have this fault,one being my daughter's room which is on the 3rd floor so im concerned it might come off leaving the window loose!

Sponsored Links
Take the screw and check for damaged, may have been overtighten therefore the thread could be damaged, may need the next size bigger screw to overcome it

Have you taken the screws out? if so any chance of a photo? Or you could try to find the size of the hole by testing with drill bits then you will know the size of the self tapping screws There's many difference type of screws, yours might be a bolt or screw type

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back