Handles loose on windows.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have double glazing with handles and locks on. The whole mechanism comes loose every now and again, and it's easy to tighten it back to the window frame via the 2 screws, by removing the little cover and turning the handle to access.

However now over time the handles wobble and seem to be coming loose. How do I tighten these?

I don't want to start messing belted knowing if can/can't in case can't get back together and then have to leave the window unsecured.

Pic below of them, imagine they are pretty standard (crap!) from a 10 year old new build house.

Thanks

Attachments

• iOS Image - 1106214872.jpg
    iOS Image - 1106214872.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 90
Sponsored Links
Just replace , as little as £1 each , put a wrap of ptfe tape on the tip of screws and they will hold better.

If your suggesting the lever seems loose but the backplate is tight against the frame then it looks like the handles are wearing, very common fault and like foxhole says they aren't mega expensive, I'd want to spend a bit more than a pound per handle though, he who buys cheap buys twice is my moto

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back