MY DOUBLEGLAZE WINDOW HANDLES ARE GETTING LOOSE.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I have a problem with my doubleglazed window handles being loose. They are not loose from the actual pvc frame of windows but loose from the window fitting. It is difficult to explain. When my window is oper the handle should lie horizontal but because thehandle is loose from the fitting, it slides down to an angle of about 45 degrees. Should I remove the whole handle from the window (one screw showing...maybe another under a plate ) and hopefully tighten the handle to its fitting from the back.

Sponsored Links
sounds like there wearing out,if as you say there loose from themselves and not the frame then theres probably no point in taking them off because iirc you wont be able to tighten them up.either live with it and wait for them to break or invest in some new ones,you are correct that the other screw is under the plastic cover fillet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back