Lost Sky Channels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We seem to have lost a number of channels recently to either a heavily pixellated picture or the "No Signal" page.

Can't get BBC1, ITV, none of the Sports channels except Sky Sports News, Channel4 and Channel 5 is fine as are most of the others.

We're running a Sky Q box with the standard dish.

Anyone else experienced this before I take the plunge and call Sky?

TIA

Sponsored Links
I dont had a Q box.
I have HD Box, i would check connections & try retune.
You could try the Sky on line user group.

I dont had a Q box.
I wouldn't be in a hurry to get one.
I have one and find it infuriating to use. On the old HD box I could easily 'record once' for watching a single episode of a series and could easily delete watched or partly-watched programmes. Now, with the Q box, I ask it to record one episode and although it apparently accepts the request I find it has recorded a whole series without my say-so, taking up unnecessary disc space.
And trying to delete something already watched can be a nightmare. The box won't let you easily delete a half-watched programme, and doesn't always recognise that you've watched a complete programme.
I suspect the series recording nuisance may be down to the current craze for streaming everything in sight.

Sponsored Links
We seem to have lost a number of channels recently to either a heavily pixellated picture or the "No Signal" page.

Can't get BBC1, ITV, none of the Sports channels except Sky Sports News, Channel4 and Channel 5 is fine as are most of the others.

We're running a Sky Q box with the standard dish.

Anyone else experienced this before I take the plunge and call Sky?

TIA
Have a look at the dish alignment and see if anything is blocking or interfering with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back