Loud Watermill bathroom pump!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps and chapesses

I've just fitted a watermill PR50D pump that serves my customer's bathroom, toilet and hot for kitchen sink.

Piped it all up, turned it on, and it's bl**dy loud!!
It's placed on the concrete slab floor of the airing cupboard (in a top story flat), and it reverberates around the whole place, pretty much drowning out the sound of the TV in the living room!

Apparently it's even making the old lady below's pictures on the wall rattle!

It's the first pump I've installed so I don't have another to compare it to, but I'd be pretty disappointed if it's meant too be that loud! (not to mention the disgruntled customer!!).

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

It seems to work fine, it's just really loud.

Not sure what to do.

Any help appreciated : )

Sponsored Links
Reading the spec sheet Watermill claim that model to be less than 70dB, which is still loud (equivalent to a vacuum cleaner I believe). I would imagine options for making it quieter are limited given that an enclosure would restrict the flow of cooling air, but the vibration should be curable. Is it de-coupled from the floor with rubber feet/shock mounts? Can it be stood on a paving slab or two?

Try standing it on a concrete paving slab with a block of foam rubber underneath it to isolate it from the floor.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll definitely try raising it up to kill the vibrations first.
So it's meant to be as loud as a vacuum cleaner?! Wow, I didn't think it should be anywhere near that loud, neither did my customer! Not likely to be faulty then, shame...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back