low hot water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm about to install a new bath, and add a shower over the bath ( same water supply as bath). Problem I have is hot water pressure. The cold water tank is in the loft, and hot water tank in airing cupboard, same floor as bathroom.
What I'm thinking of doing is move the hot water tank into the loft. Will this increase the HOT water pressue enough to justify the expense of this move?
I can't put a electric shower in as can't get electric wiring impossible.
:D

Sponsored Links
Put a hot and cold fed power shower pump in the tank cupboard, the electric feed would be a 3amp fused spur.

Now most such areas have feeds for the ch controls and the immersion heater in the hw tank.

A spur from either the feed for the immersion or the feed for the ch wiring centre would be ok. Some purists might say that the immersion circuit should be avoided as a spur point. However for the odd 5 minute shower, and the fact that 95% of people with a boiler making hw, never use the immersion element to make hw since gas is cheapest and the boiler is the primary hw maker.

With a pump just remember the more the bar / pressure the quicker the hot water tank empties!

The hot water tank is fed from the Cold storage cistern, so moving the hot water cylinder will make absolutely zero difference. Pump may be the answer but depending on the size of your cold storage cistern will determine how quickly the water runs out...

THanks for reply.
Problem I have is my concern that pumb will also feed water to bath. Is this a problem?

Sponsored Links
THanks for reply.
Problem I have is my concern that pumb will also feed water to bath. Is this a problem?

No, because you will tee off the existing hw and wc feeds to the pump and then on to the shower mixer. Thus you end up with pumped feeds to the shower only.

Some pumps can be used for whole house pumping, but you don't really need to do that or suffer the cost of pump increased size and or any extra plumbing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back