Low Pressure and flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

The water pressure and flow in my area is rubbish. Is there a way of boosting the flow before it gets to my combi so that I can run a mixer shower off it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Speak to water supplier OR fit bigger supply pipe, otherwise NO!

Moral: "don't have a combi if the pressure or flow is low".

a solution called 'Coldstream' which transforms the performance of a combination boiler or unvented cylinder when connected to a water source with a poor flow rate.
Coldstream does not use any pumps or electricity but works on an accumulator principle

Suggested in the past by someone who knows more about these than I do. They are expensive though.

I agree with brumylad that coldstream unit will help the flow rate, but it can't do anything for the pressure.

Sponsored Links
Kwym oilman but it does increase he pressure at the tap if the losses in the pipe are significant - until the vessel is discharged. So it would behave like the pressure was better.

Well, if we use the electric analogy, adding a capacitor across a line won't increase the voltage. Yes you do have charge available, but with water the storage space needed is so large I think you might as well have a vented system and a pump.

What burke would want to pump an unvented system then?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back