Low pressure from hot tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I live in a flat which has an emersion heater for the hot water in one of the bedrooms. The hot water at all taps comes out under very low pressure. I assume this is because the taps are fed by gravity from the immersion heater. Is this correct, and what can I do to increase the flow

Sponsored Links
I have the same problem. Would anyone be able to recommend a decent pump, preferably one that's fairly quiet too?

Sponsored Links
Or fit taps that are suitable for the low pressure gravity supply you have.

Much of the brassware available is designed for higher pressures than available frrom gravity systems.

the pressure in Bar is near enough one tenth of the vertical distance from the COLD water storage, (often, but not always in the loft, not the hot cylinder position) to the tap, measured in Metres.

A typical domestic system has about 0.1 or 0.2 Bar pressure available in a first floor bathroom, and up to about 0.5 Bar in a ground floor kitchen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back