Low Pressure - Triton Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, 1st post, I've seen so much help being given on this forum, I'm hoping someone can help me too.

My shower, a Triton Opal which has been working fine for approx 24 months, has recently over the last 6 months started losing its pressure and switching over to freezing cold. It did lose pressure at the start until about 6 months ago but not to the frequency it happens now.

Every morning without fail, the shower is switched on and it will stay in Low Pressure mode, my stopcock in the kitchen is open fully and the water pressure for cold water throughout the house is very powerful. The pipe feeding the shower is open fully as well.

What we have to do to try and get it to switch back to hot water is run the flush on the toilet, this in the past made it worse, but now sometimes seems to cure it.

If this doesn't work, we have to leave the cold tap running or if that doesn't work we leave the hot tap running...its so bizzare!!

We have no appliance like a washing machine that uses hot/cold water is not running either.

This is becoming a nightmare for us now, we are now forced to stand in the shower at the far end with our bottoms pressed against the window :oops: waiting for it to switch back to hot . I'm sure somebody is having a laugh with us, as it always seems to switch to cold when the hair is full of shampoo!

If anybody can advise me, I would be most grateful

Sponsored Links
Has it been fitted to the rising main :?:

If so, might be worth disconnecting the water supply to it and checking whether enough water is getting to it :D

Is there a way to get rid of lime?

And is the rising main the pipe that connects to the cold water tank in the attic, if it is, it does conect to this directly.

Thanks so far, i didn't expect such a quick response.

Sponsored Links
Hi
I also have a Triton (Aquatronic) shower 9.5, just fitted, coming off the cold water mains as I don't have a cold water tank. We don't have a combi.
When the toilet is flushed or water is used elsewhere in the house, the shower switches to cold due to the water pressure dropping below the requisite 1 bar.
Does anyone know of a solution?
Thank you

DONTDOIT YOURSELF

Thermostat inside the shower may be playing up.
Suggest you speak to these people HERE :D

Led2 Don't hijack. Start a new thread. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back