lpg boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Can anybody help......
Just had some more gas delivered to run the home heating system and the boiler pilot light wont light, do you have to purge the system of air or will the gas work through the system when you go through the ignite procedure?

Any help apreciated

Sponsored Links
You have not made it clear but I assume that you have a bulk LPG tank.

If you have an LPG gas cooker then that should light and prove the supply is OK if not then you can try relighting your boiler several times but pause about 20 seconds between each attempt.

Just check that neither you nor the delivery person turned off the supply when refilling.

Tony

If you ran out of gas your UPSO(under pressure shut off) has gone off.
You should have been shown how to reset it. There should be a large grey block with bolts and things sticking out of it, it'll be on the supply from the tank usually fitted on the tank at one end. There is a disc like stucture attached on this block with usually a black plastic knob. Remove the knob and pull the pin underneath, if the gas was off it will pull out and sort of wobble about. This will mean the gas is on, don't push it or you will trip the OPSO(over pressure shut off)this I think has to be reset by a corgi.
Or you just have to be patient with the pilot until the gas gets to the tip or the thermocouple has failed.

Sponsored Links
Cossmic, wouldn't the delivery person usually reset this when he had filled the tank?

Or has he learnt how to be unhelpful from Transco?

No Tony he wouldn't unless asked and only then if he knew how.

I would also imagine there would be issues like soundness testing etc if another became involved.

I can see that he should not have reset it if no one was at home

But if someone was in then I would thought he would have either reset it or mentioned it to the owner.

Perhaps its this culture of unhelpfulness which I have not yet learnt!

Tony

Agile said:
I can see that he should not have reset it if no one was at home

But if someone was in then I would thought he would have either reset it or mentioned it to the owner.

Perhaps its this culture of unhelpfulness which I have not yet learnt!

Tony

The tanker driver would not know the UPSO had tripped unless it was mentioned in passing.

And you know as well as I do, an RGI would have to test the system before reinstating the gas to the appliances, as you have no way of knowing why it had tripped, and it's your ar-se thats at risk if you just pull the knob and walk away

Hi All,

SUCCESS!!!! :D

Thanks to all of you who helped in this, we can now take our coats off at last!!

Pulled the pin as was suggested on the tank, went back and pilot lit lit up like Blackpool.

Thanks again
Richard :D

We knew it would :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

But thanks for confirming our suspicions

[quote="doitall]And you know as well as I do, an RGI would have to test the system before reinstating the gas to the appliances, as you have no way of knowing why it had tripped, and it's your ar-se thats at risk if you just pull the knob and walk away[/quote]

Yes, John but thats part of the problem/danger!

The poor RGI has to test before reinstating but the owner can just reset it himself.

The danger must be very small because no one ever tests cylinder fed systems when a cylinder is changed every few days.

Tony

The problem is a question of trusting the punters word.

If you get called out because the gas is off or tripped as in this case, would you put your reputation on the line or check it out.

doitall said:
.......... and it's your ar-se thats at risk if you just pull the knob and walk away

Will you two keep you private lives private? :eek: :eek:

oilman said:
doitall said:
.......... and it's your ar-se thats at risk if you just pull the knob and walk away

Will you two keep you private lives private? :eek: :eek:

I hope your not suggesting Tony and I are more than just good friends.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back