LPG Water heater for outbuilding?

Thanks - I have seen this one it is in my saved collection! So once this was fitted would it then just attach to the 'normal' plumbing that is in place to the shower and sink? or would i need to buy special adapters? and I guess I would just need to attach a flue through the external wall? or does it have to be vertical? sorry, for so many questions. i have spent hours trying to research myself, but all i seem to find is the sales pitches of all the extras you CAN get for it, rather than how to actually use it and what you actually NEED for it!
Yes, it needs some ½" FI × 15mm compression elbows to connect it, available from all good plumbing merchants & DIY sheds. It comes with a horizontal for, if you need a vertical one you have to pay extra for that. Alternatively the 17i is available as an external model which doesn't need a flue at all if you've got somewhere on the outside of the building you could mount it

Sponsored Links
For occasional use you'd be far better running an insulated 10mm plastic pipe from your existing domestic hot water supply to your outbuilding when you lay the other services. Regardless of what you do, your electricity supply will cope - just heat the water cylinder at a different time to your use of other appliances - in a modern cylinder there is little heat loss of stored water, however, continually maintaining a seperate tank of hot water purely to supply an occasionally used appliance will have a cost (and probably an annual servicing requirement), hence you should try to piggyback off your existing if possible.

For occasional use you'd be far better running an insulated 10mm plastic pipe from your existing domestic hot water supply to your outbuilding when you lay the other services. Regardless of what you do, your electricity supply will cope - just heat the water cylinder at a different time to your use of other appliances - in a modern cylinder there is little heat loss of stored water, however, continually maintaining a seperate tank of hot water purely to supply an occasionally used appliance will have a cost (and probably an annual servicing requirement), hence you should try to piggyback off your existing if possible.
Hmm, I hadn't thought of this .. the only issue is that as it is we have to wait half an hour inbetween showers for the tank to refill... was hoping that by having a sperate supply out there then it might mean we wouldn't have that issue anymore as could potentially use the new shower inbetween and also have the benefit of hot water on demand... I have now been in touch with my electric provider to ask about upgrading the electric supply to my property (as it's an old cottage) then can maybe revisit the original plan of a seperate feed direct to the building and put in instant electric boiler after all!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back