Lukewarm (Tap) water (from Combi) (Ed.)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Valliant ecotec pro 28 which is 11 years old and before Christmas the water was only coming through lukewarm. The heating was fine.
An engineer came out and replaced the diverter valve, flow sensor and new plate to plate heat exchanger and this cost a lot of money. It was fine for a week or so but now the water is lukewarm again.
They have suggested it could be the PCB but I am wondering if I should just get a new boiler instead? Or should I get a new PCB and hope that this fixes the issue. Feel frustrated that I’ve paid a lot of money out and that I now may have to pay for a new boiler.
Also, there appears to be a whistling sound when the shower is switched on. It doesn’t happen on other taps. Is this related to the boiler issue?
Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Sponsored Links
I’m no plumber but at 11 years old, I’d be tempted to cut my losses and change it.

Hi, I have a Valliant ecotec pro 28 which is 11 years old and before Christmas the water was only coming through lukewarm. The heating was fine.
An engineer came out and replaced the diverter valve, flow sensor and new plate to plate heat exchanger and this cost a lot of money. It was fine for a week or so but now the water is lukewarm again.
They have suggested it could be the PCB but I am wondering if I should just get a new boiler instead? Or should I get a new PCB and hope that this fixes the issue. Feel frustrated that I’ve paid a lot of money out and that I now may have to pay for a new boiler.
Also, there appears to be a whistling sound when the shower is switched on. It doesn’t happen on other taps. Is this related to the boiler issue?
Is the water lukewarm from the taps as well as the shower but the shower only is doing the whistling?.

Proper testing and diagnoses is what gets results not slinging parts at it.

Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
+1 same as @DP. Did those parts need changing? I’d be looking at the canoe filter or pipes blocked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back