Lukewarm tap water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Potterton Performer 28. Over the past couple of days my boiler has not heated my tap water. This has only happened a few times but when it does heat up it is only lukewarm. My CH seems to be fine. On checking the fault neons on the front panel, CH is running and neon is alight. When turning on the hot tap the CH neon goes out and the neon for the domestic taps comes on! Not sure, but I thought the CH neon always stayed on when the tap was running.

Any help much appreciated. :(

Sponsored Links
havn't touched it m8. not sure of my way around combi's! how do I adjust the flow? is it just a matter of turning down the mains stop cock?

On the underside of the boiler you will have five valves.
Flow and return for central heating, likely to be 22mm pipe.
Gas which is generally the central inlet, then cold water in and hot water out, try turning the cold water in, down a tad and see what results you get?

Sponsored Links
Or just don't open the hot tap as much, it'll probably get better as the cold mains get warmer as summer approaches. If this doesn't work you may have a diverter/plate issue.

thanx fellas. Tried both methods suggested without any change. Ran a bath for the kids tonight and with the hot full on, it was only just warm enough for my toddler. diverter prob? would this be the cheapest possible fix for me and would it involve a gas fitter?

As you will need to remove the boiler cover to access the diverter, I would suggest a trusted boiler engineer was employed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back