potterton combo boiler only hot water, not central heating..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody who can give me a hand.
After one month in the warm Spain I've just come back to England to find out that, thought I can get hot water, the central heater seems to refuse to work at all.
I'm freezing while thinking what has happenned in one month. Everything was fine, then.

I switched off completely the electricity of the house and today I find out the the light of the radiator on doesn't turn on: no noise, nothing.

I have a Potterton performa 28 combi boiler.

The only neon that are on are the power on neon and the flame failure neon (perhaps is only indicator of 30° C?). I have tried to reset the neon without success.
The pressure is OK (2.5 bars).

When I turn on the hot water, the domestic hot water mode and the burner on neons switch on and I get hot water, but no way to switch on the central heating on mode neon before or after the taps are on (I have selected CH/hot water position).

Can anybody give me a light?

Thank you very much.

Sponsored Links
This sounds like a problem with the Diverter Valve, which will need to be replaced. The part costs something like £90.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back