BAXI COMBI 80HE - PLEASE HELP GOING MAD!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just tried to activate the central heating on our Baxi Combi 80HE and have the following indications from top to bottom on the neon indicator panel:

DHW neon (top-most with tap symbol next to it) GREEN CONTINUOUS

FLAME FAILURE neon: RED CONTINUOUS

FLAME neon: GREEN FLASHING

"ON" neon: (to left of CH temp knob) GREEN FLASHING

Basically the rads are not heating up at all. The thermostat clicks when passing a certain temperature but the but there is no iginition of the burner. However, when I turn on the taps the boiler ignites and I get hot water (have checked this by taking the housing off and observing flame viewing window)

I have also re-pressurised the system to ensure the pressure indicator on the boiler is in the green zone (it was reading low initially)

If I run through the neon fault indications on the inside of the boiler housing it indicates DHW flow switch but I fail to see how this would stop the rads from heating?

Can anyone who is in the know give some advice?

Thanks.

:D

Sponsored Links
If I run through the neon fault indications on the inside of the boiler housing it indicates DHW flow switch but I fail to see how this would stop the rads from heating?

would if its stuck :idea:

hw has priority ;)

So if the DHW flow switch is stuck, is there any way to unstick it or is it a straight replacement? What is its location on the boiler?

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Canadajim have you gave complete name of your boiler ..... IS IT 80HE plus

Thats why i am asking him if its a PLUS KEv going by lights .
Dont think they made a 80HE but the did make an 80HE instant

Was just thinking, if I didn't know any better, I'd would suspect Kev's been on the sauce. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hi All,

Yep, its a BAXI COMBI 80 HE PLUS - as placarded inside the lower door that drops down to allow access to the primary controls and neon indicator lights.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back