LVP movement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My LVP in the hallway has been down for 6 years and still looks good. It is laid lengthways along a hallway some 7metres long. the width of the laid LVP is ~1.4m plus the door entries of which there are 1 at either end and 1 either side some 5m along the run. There are 7 boards across plus the bits for the doorways. The boards are all level and remain joined with no gaps. One side of the run is a skirting boarded wall and the other side has a carpet with a nailed down transition board separating the board from the carpet. The mid section of the LVP boarding appears to have moved away from the carpeted area as there are now a few gaps along that edge up to 2mm. These board cut edges would have, originally, been under the transition strip, as these edges of the boards have been cut lengthways to fit the positioning of the carpet. I spoke with the carpet and LVP supplier who also supplied the fitter for the work 6 years ago. He said that this kind of LVP can move over time as it is not glued down. He suggested I just jump up and down on it with a forward motion to try to make it move back to hide the gaps. This hasn't worked. It has not moved. I got a pull bar and exposed the opposite edge to try to knock it back, but a single point of contact is also not doing it. Access to the opposite side is also difficult without standing on the board. Any clever ideas how I can fix this gaps issue ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back