M08 Replacement glass size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everybody

Need to reglaze a velux as students have damaged the internal pane. Trouble is I dont want to remove the gubbins to measure the glass as I am concerned this may fail whats left of it and I wont get my sealed unit the same day. My glass supplier has a list of some velux panes except m08. Does any of you know the pane size as this would help me out big time. And as for velux sending me a replacement - £100 from TP, I can get a quality unit that size for £30.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
A tip for you....

On a dg unit from the inside face/edge of the spacer bar to the outside edge of the glass is usually 12mm, so with this in mind flip the velux over and measure the width in between the 3 sided aluminium plate, the one with the cross headed screws in, then add 24mm, do the same for the height from the ali down (or up) to the tin.

I did 4 of these only 2 weeks ago, all fitted fine, infact i could of added another 5mm to both width and height. From memory they were 4/8/4, i took float out but put toughened back in, ideally i would of like to put lam on the inner pane just to catch the toughened if it broke again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back