Macerator Pipework.

• Thread starter david and julie
  • Start date
D

david and julie

I am about to fit a maserator toilet on a boat. The waste will be pumped into an onboard waste holding tank. The holding tank is about 10 metres away on almost the same level, there is hardly any uphill pumping involved. I have had conflicting advice regarding the outlet pipework so would welcome any comment. The working principle of the toilet is the same as a domestic one except they are only 12V.

1. The makers booklet only says the pipe should be 1" wastepipe. It doesn't say any particular type of material.

2. The chandlers say you need odoursafe pipe at £15 per metre :eek:

3. Plumbing friends have said they use either overflow pipe or 32mm waste pipe (both solvent welded)and have had no problems.

4. Another guy I know (a building inspector) said ideally sanitary grade pipe is better, but didn't elaborate on as to why this was so.

What would you people use if you fitted one?

Sponsored Links
hello stranger :LOL:

last one i fitted was in 32mm solvent waste still going no probs 2 yrs later

i wouldnt use overflow
recipie for disaster ;)

Hi Kevin, thanks for that.

I suspected the 32mm wastepipe would be OK, funny how these places always suggest the dearest option. ;)

hello stranger :LOL:

Been a bit busy mate, plus general chat seems a bit quiet these days. Always enjoyed the "debates" shame really, it just doesn't seem the same since we got censorship :LOL: :LOL:

Take care. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back