Mad and dangerous incompetence

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can show that I should not post because I'm not a fully qualified and practising electrician, then bring it on.

Where do I say dont post, simply that you need to temper your advice with a disclaimer.

But please try to avoid ad hominem fallacies - they won't make you look clever.

please try and avoid faux latin - it has the same effect.

Sponsored Links
Same old same old trouble causing Atilla now masquerading as Rock and Roll.

i have no idea what you are on about.

Oh don't be so coy Atilla , you can recognise your posts immediately . your previous banning has not altered your weird personality or your constant desire through some strange lack of love as a child to try to discredit other posters on here at every opportunity.

Sponsored Links

i have no idea what you are on about.

Oh don't be so coy Atilla , you can recognise your posts immediately . your previous banning has not altered your weird personality or your constant desire through some strange lack of love as a child to try to discredit other posters on here at every opportunity.

nope, not one iota

If you can show that I should not post because I'm not a fully qualified and practising electrician, then bring it on.

Where do I say dont post, simply that you need to temper your advice with a disclaimer.
That's true - you didn't say that - my apologies.

Can you show where my advice should have been tempered with a disclaimer because I'm not a fully qualified and practising electrician?

Can you show where you have questioned every poster on this forum, and asked any who are not qualified and practising <whatevers> to put disclaimers in their posts? Or is your behaviour towards me driven by petty and juvenile personal animosity rather than a genuine and consistent desire to improve the usefulness of the forum?

It's not faux - it's completely genuine.

That's true - you didn't say that - my apologies.

Can you show where my advice should have been tempered with a disclaimer because I'm not a fully qualified and practising electrician?

your posts are continually posted with an "I`m the last word on this ...." which you are not.

Can you show where you have questioned every poster on this forum, and asked any who are not qualified and practising <whatevers> to put disclaimers in their posts?

not every poster is vain enough to spam the boards with links to a youtube video

Or is your behaviour towards me driven by petty and juvenile personal animosity rather than a genuine and consistent desire to improve the usefulness of the forum?

see above BUT getting you banned from DIYnot (even if it means I get banned too) could only be a good thing.

no it isnt.

your posts are continually posted with an "I`m the last word on this ...." which you are not.
I give my opinions, and I am confident with the truthfulness and accuracy of my advice - no more or less than a great number of posters here.

How many other members here have you asked to put a disclaimer in their signature?

not every poster is vain enough to spam the boards with links to a youtube video
With reference to the accepted meaning of "vanity", will you explain why it was vain of me to ask people who have expertise in areas where I do not to ask YouTube to take down videos which encourage dangerous behaviour?

see above BUT getting you banned from DIYnot (even if it means I get banned too) could only be a good thing.
So in other words you'll stop at nothing to get me banned?

no it isnt.
It's a shortening of the Latin phrase "argumentum ad hominem", meaning, literally, "argument against the man".

It's a term which has been in use for thousands of years - in what way is it fake Latin?

I give my opinions, and I am confident with the truthfulness and accuracy of my advice - no more or less than a great number of posters here.

until someone posts an opposite view then you go into pub bore overdrive (a bit like you are doing on this very thread)

How many other members here have you asked to put a disclaimer in their signature?

does anyone else post as an authority without been able to back up their position?

With reference to the accepted meaning of "vanity", will you explain why it was vain of me to ask people who have expertise in areas where I do not to ask YouTube to take down videos which encourage dangerous behaviour?

the same vanity that leads you to reply to each and every post

So in other words you'll stop at nothing to get me banned?

you`ve been banned from everywhere else - do you not wonder why?

no it isnt.
It's a shortening of the Latin phrase "argumentum ad hominem", meaning, literally, "argument against the man".

It's a term which has been in use for thousands of years - in what way is it fake Latin?

unfortunalty you posted "ad hominem fallacies " not the same thing at all, not the same .........................please try and be clearer in future

until someone posts an opposite view then you go into pub bore overdrive (a bit like you are doing on this very thread)
I started out by giving civil answers to questions you asked me.

If you don't want me to answer your questions, don't ask them in the first place.

If you don't want me to defend myself against criticism from you, don't criticise me in the first place.

does anyone else post as an authority without been able to back up their position?
I don't know - what do you mean by "posts as an authority" and "backing up their position"?

Can you provide any examples of posts I have made where I have claimed any particular authority?

the same vanity that leads you to reply to each and every post
Since you seem to be the one starting the arguments you're always going to be one step ahead of me in those vanity stakes then, aren't you...

Do you have a good justification for expecting me not to respond to your attacks?

you`ve been banned from everywhere else - do you not wonder why?
Actually I haven't, so there's nothing to wonder about.

unfortunalty you posted "ad hominem fallacies " not the same thing at all, not the same .........................please try and be clearer in future
I look forward to seeing you try and edit the Wikipedia article on the grounds that "ad hominem fallacy" is not a term which should be used. I wonder how long such an edit would stand?

Is it not permissible to use adjectives from one language with nouns from another, e.g. "faux Latin"?

Have you never, in your entire life, written or said "etc", or "i.e.", or "e.g." or "v" (as in Spurs v Arsenal)?

jerkit5.gif

Glad to see that you do have rational and intelligent arguments to bring to bear to support your position.

I'm sure that everyone is really impressed by the way that you have been able to marshall your thoughts and explain yourself so well.

Glad to see that you do have rational and intelligent arguments to bring to bear to support your position.

I'm sure that everyone is really impressed by the way that you have been able to marshall your thoughts and explain yourself so well.

spam, spam, spam spam ........................

spam, spam, spam spam - BAS, what are you doing with that other hand while you whip yourself up into a spittle drenched sweat foaming at the mouth "how dare they, do they not know i am the great BAS?"

Fact is your a nobody giving it the big man on an obscure internet forum.
xhame sham shame

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back