magnetic filter fitted on wrong pipe !

The correct position or the mag filter in this instance whould/should be i**************************
I recommend getting the plumber back to ensure it is correctly installed in such a position.... If he wont demand a full and complete refund!

Calling a fella an idiot when he has installed a system THAT YOU ARNT PAYING FOR that works and the filters position isnt technically wrong. If its so easy only an idiot would put it in the wrong place crack on and get it shifted

Sponsored Links
Surprised that given the op thinks this guy is such an idiot he's so concerned about the filter but hasn't any concerns about the gas side of things!

Out of interest did he powerflush the system?

At the end of the day the filter will still collect craap. Yes the ideal place is on the return. It can some times be impracticable do this so it goes wherever is possible. Plenty of boilers out there with no filter or power flush. Theses jobs are tight for many installers so be grateful you have a more economic boiler. The fitter probably only got a third of the cost of the price for fitting the boiler but then again he has a choice. Speak to him and address your concerns and he may give a valid reason for doing what he did, if not get him back. Normally these jobs have to be spot on before payment is received once signed off.

Sponsored Links
PISH myself laughing at comments that it must go on return to STOP crude going into boiler it doesnt pick up every bit of debris on first pass it probably doesnt even collect it all (if there is any) untill probably several thousand passes so does it make a great deal of difference being on the flow i very much doubt it.
Also who actually checks them every few weeks and cleans them if the system is that full of crap a yearly empty and clean is next to a waste of time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back