Main Equip Bonding question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just recenty had a 5 year PIR done at the place I work at, and it failed on the sprinkler system not been bonded to the MET, althought the sprinkler isnt dirctly attached to the mains water ( its an independantly pressurised system which is supplied by on site tanks topped up by the mains water)

Does this require bonding to the MET??

The water mains for the sprinkler system is about 500 yards from the MET, its a TNS system, so I imagine I have to run a 500 yard earth cable of (???) diameter to this, yet the main water and gas are bonded at source within 5m of the incomer?

Can this be bonded at its neares source, ie the localist sprinkler pipe or do I have to run a cable to the incoming source?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Can it introduce earth potential (or another potential) into the equipotential zone? Does the supply for the sprinklers come from the tanks underground via metallic pipework into the building? If so then I'd have thought it should be bonded where it enters the building. If the tanks are in the building I'd question the need to MEB them.
If you have a 100A supply the MEB should be so that it does not exceed approximately 0.05ohms.

P.S. that is one big dental surgery :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back