Make one lamp of parallel hall way lights an emergency light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have some hall way lights in parallel ( all on and off at the same time by one switch ).

Can I purchase an emergency lighting kit, with relays, that will disconnect one of the lights in the event of power failure and then turn it on.

( Will not use standard commercial maintained unit as they are too ugly )

Does anyone have a recommendation link for a unit. The lights are NOT fluorescent.

Thanks

K ez

Sponsored Links
thing is, the control gear and battery in that fitting is designed for the lamp in that fitting.

They do conversion kits for some types of existing fitting, what have you got in at the moment?

Sponsored Links
Hi Riveralt,

Can I take the gubbins out of it and use it to maintain a GU10 LED ? ( non flourescent ) ?

Thanks

K ez

I've installed a grand total of 1 emergency light in my house

Directly above the CU in case of needing to reset the RCBO in the dark, and in the 18 months it's been in, I've needed it, precisely once.

( Will not use standard commercial maintained unit as they are too ugly )

Does anyone have a recommendation link for a unit. The lights are NOT fluorescent.
1) Find a fluorescent light which you do not consider ugly.

2) Change the ballast for a sustained one.

3) Sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back