Makita SDS drill HR2630

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an opportunity to purchase a 2015 model Makita HR2630 SDS drill will this be the same spec as a 2024 model with same model number ?

Sponsored Links
Both are 3 function, and 800 watts. The new model is on offer at tool station for £119 including case, so worth grabbing one.

If it's fairly cheap and has seen low use by a DIYer then it will likely be absolutely fine. May be hard to tell though.

Sponsored Links
do you know what use it has had , some will be used by trade and may possibly been used above average
Is it a good price ?
What is planned use ?
£60 in new condition, for drilling cavity brick wall to install outside water tap

Is it too good to be true? A 9 year old sds, probably used in the trade, that’s in new condition? If you buy it new from TS and use it once you’ll be able to sell for nearly the same price plus the 3 year warranty you get.

Not an expert here , My Dewalt SDS+ Drill has only been used a few times - and came with 2 chucks
BUT
i read about the Grease in the SDS chuck when i first purchased - BUT know very little about maintenance on the chuck and how long the grease lasts and if needing replenishment
for a 9year old drill I would maybe look into that
I'm sure some of the experts that have replied will have a more experienced view

Is it too good to be true? A 9 year old sds, probably used in the trade, that’s in new condition? If you buy it new from TS and use it once you’ll be able to sell for nearly the same price plus the 3 year warranty you get.
It appears it was purchased new and put in the garage and never used for nine years it is in brand new condition and I am very happy with my purchase

Is it too good to be true? A 9 year old sds, probably used in the trade, that’s in new condition? If you buy it new from TS and use it once you’ll be able to sell for nearly the same price plus the 3 year warranty

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back