manhole benching

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question for the drainage experts.

I had to unblock our drains today. I think the neighbours are flushing wet wipes but they deny it.
When I got everything moving and clear, I noticed that the benching in one of our manholes was cracked and holed. What mortar mix should I use for patching it up and should I add any waterproofer?

TIA

Sponsored Links
Thanks Hugh. Yes its a shared drain but straightforward blockages I'm happy to clear. I'm ok to do simple repairs also but just in case, how much of the inspection chamber would the water company accept responsibility for? Would it just be the drainage channel or more?

Sponsored Links
They should take responsibility for the entire chamber, including the cover. Whether they will be in any hurry to do anything if asked will be another matter, as most will plead poverty I suspect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back