Manufacturers instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A good reason not to follow them. This is for a recently purchased Cooke and Lewis oven from B & Q.

Incidentally B & Q don't stock the suggested fuse!

Attachments

• IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 1,382
Sponsored Links
From the Buy and Question website
Cooke & Lewis CLCSB60 Black Electric Single Oven

Technical Specifications
Main oven capacity 60L
Oven Type Single
Height (mm) 595mm
Width (mm) 595mm
Depth (mm) 535mm
Material Glass
Safety feature Flame failure device
Number of Functions 4
Glazing type Double glazed
Amp rating 13A
Model CLCSB60
Product code 366360284278

Sponsored Links
And here are the specs for the actual model in question:

Technical Specifications

Main oven capacity 70L
Oven Type Single
Height (mm) 595mm
Width (mm) 595mm
Depth (mm) 575mm
Material Stainless steel
Safety feature Child lock
Number of Functions 10
Digital display LED display
Amp rating 16A
Product code 3663602842866

I have wondered why a 16A FCU is not made? BS1361 not BS1362 of course, but where there is a 32A or even a 45A supply, being able to reduce it to 15 or 16 amp would make sense.

I realise there is a problem using them with a ring final, and the FCU would likely not be flush, but there is no technical reason why they should not be made.

I wonder what it actually uses? I know my energy meter if used with my kettle it will some times auto disconnect as over load detected. However it has never blown a fuse.

It does seem many manufacturer instructions have standard wording even if it does not apply, Vauxhall cars at one point had a problem with ABS brakes when a radio was being used near by, so every car instruction manual said do not use a mobile phone in the car unless fitted with an external aerial. This included models without ABS brakes.

Today of course that has changed and cars have built in mobile telephones to allow you to start car and warm it up before you leave the house, but my point is it does not need to be electrical many manufacturers use standard safety disclaimers which do not relate to the actual appliance.

It seems the writers of BS7671 realised that, and today we don't need to follow manufacturers instructions any more.

A good reason not to follow them. This is for a recently purchased Cooke and Lewis oven from B & Q.

Incidentally B & Q don't stock the suggested fuse!
I suggest you return it as not fit for purpose, as you can't find the fuse you need, therefore you can't connect it up and use it.

Then go to another B&Q, buy another one, and then later return that.

Repeat this until someone sits up and pays attention.

some posts have been removed.
Mod

Attachments

• westfield6.png
    westfield6.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 990
Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back