Marked Frosted glass.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

First time poster here, just purchased my own house so am now entering the wonderful but frustrating world of DIY.

I have a question, I recently purchased a Bi-Fold door from Wickes and payed a Joiner to fit it (he did a really good job). Anyhow before the door was fitted I noticed there were marks on the glass but I thought this was just dirt and when I rubbed a bit it came off. However when the door had been fully fitted I got to cleaning it with a wet sponge and the marks on the frosted section of the glass would just not budge. It looks like (though i'm not a 100%) that the marks could be on the inside of the frosted section facing the glass and include spots as well as smearing. I don't think i'll be able to return the door as i've not got the receipt anymore, the track has been fitted, plus the door has door handles and a lock screwed into it.

Has anyone any ideas what I could try to remove these marks or am I stuck with them?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Ther's plenty scratch glass repairs kit out there, take your pick, here one of them

Have you tried T-cut?

Its not scratched its like marks on or underneath the frosted part.

Heres a picture:

dsc01118vw4.jpg

dsc01119ms4.jpg

I think your best bet is to explain what has happens, they have loads of this problem at my local Wickes, I'm surprised your carpenter didn't noticed it, they may give you a refund or another door, no harm in trying.

Other than that is to change the glass, not easy because the glass was put in when they made the door, so no beading but not impossible.

Sponsored Links
It looks like from your picture that the manifestation is film applied and either air or water trapped behind if so then this would be a fault in the application of the film.

Thanks for your replies. I think Musana i'll just try what you suggested email them explaining the problem and see what they do. Hopefully there'll offer me a refund or exchange.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back