Marterials available for fromt of Dormer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, I'm after some guidance regarding a couple of dormers I have recently had built (see attached picture).

The dormers have been constructed using marine spec. ply, I am now looking at covering the side cheeks with horizontal black ash pvc board (T&G effect), the same material used for the fascias on the rest of the house.

The front of the dormers I want painted, the front of the main house is rendered and cream in colour, I want to create the same effect on the dormers. Does anybody know of anything I can put on the ply that will result in a finish that can be painted? At the moment the ply has joints in it, obviously if I just paint the ply these joints will still be visible (which I don't want).

I have been told there is some sort of thick paste (in need of a better description) that will cover the joints and once hardened can be painted, I have no information regarding this and to be honest do not know were to look.

Any help or ideas appreciated, thanks, David

Sponsored Links
if you want the same look as the rendered front then render it..
expanded metal lath and render..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back