masking glass panels on internal door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi..

I have just bought a new internal door with glass panels fitted. I was hoping that the glass would come with cellophane to protect it when I come to paint it. Gladly it has, but there are bits around the edge that have been pulled away, so it looks as if I'm going to need to tape the edges of the glass.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what tape to use and how is best to mask the edges of the glass panels. I have heard that frog tape is good.. is this the case..?

Many Thanks

Dougie

Sponsored Links
Just done the same and used masking tape, the cellophane is not great though and I found paint leaked through in places. This was a 15 glass panel door. When I had a three panel one I just masked it and it came out fine.

Remember to use a stanley knife round the edges of the glass when your ready to remove your masking to get a clean line.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back