Matching 'pure brilliant white' ceiling/wall paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm having problems doing some 'touching up' painting of the walls and ceiling in a flat I moved into a few months back.

The problem is that I've tried two matt vinyl 'pure brillant whites' and they are…well, yellow compared with the paint I'm trying to match. Having tried a cheaper white paint earlier I've just tried Dulux -- but both have the same slightly dull yellow-ish tone next to the pre-existing paint which, despite being several years old, is still very white looking.

Are there degrees of pure brilliant white? Who makes the purest, whitest paint? Since few companies seem to do testers for this shade I assumed it was fairly 'standard' but apparently not.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
In my experience, no two 'brilliant whites' are the same, especially not after they've been up a few months.

It's quicker just to repaint the whole ceiling/wall with one brand.

I recommend Dulux Trade Brilliant White Matt Vinyl emulsion as a decent quality, mid price option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back