max 4'' waste run contravening old building regs??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
trawled many posts and i gather the max allowable run for a wc soil pipe to stack is 6m , has it ever been permissable to run more than this ?

Or if running (2) multiple wcs into the horizontal run can it be longer ?

I have an ensuite loo + shower with long horizontal run (aav incorporated ), as well as a fall of 1.40 easily , or more , with one 90 degree bend in middle of a 10/11m run .

all works ok but i want to refit the lot in a black pipe + new pan and shower .

I can't work out if it has ever met regulations or not and if i'd need to inform the buildings inspector of my intended refit , would this then need to meet current reg's ?
estimate to be fitted since early 80's .( blue suite , nice!!) :eek:

thanks

Sponsored Links
The building regs are online, but if they don't help, give Building Control a call, you may be surprised how helpful they are. A lot of people seem to be afraid of them. Maybe because a lot of builders try to get away with something silly!??

i managed to look back at some from 1991 i think it was and that seemed to say in a chart that the max run was 15m , possibly with multi wc's. Yet further down it stated 6m , so not really sure what it said at all .

Bit worried that if i ring building control someone will be round to order me to remove my loo + shower altogether !!?? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back