Maximum demand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking through the OSG and trying to work out the diversity to apply to ring circuits when assessing for maximum demand and am stuck between 100% of total demand up to 10A plus 50% of remainder, so for two ring circuits would be 2(10 + 11) = 42A.
Or is it 100% of first circuit + 40% of second circuit which would be 32 + 12.8 = 44.8A.
Not a lot between them but I'd be happier if I knew for sure which is the correct way to calculate this.

Sponsored Links
yeah I read that the first time but perhaps got carried away, before the end of the paragraph, to table 1b.
so if this is saying the max demand for two standard ring circuits is 2 X 32 = 64A with no diversiy to be applied, what exactly are we applying diversity to, in table 1b at section 2 and 9 (especially 9)?

Anyone have any input on this before it ends up deep in the pile?

Sponsored Links
If you're looking at filling in the forms. I usually put , <(main fuse rating) (if i know it) or <100a if i don't. Not really possible to work out max on a domestic. Another possibility is to turn everything on and using a clampmeter measure the load on the incoming tails!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back