Working out Maximum Demand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right then, I'm filling out a Domestic Electrical Installation Cert & its asked for Maximum Demand. It says nothing about using diversity on the cert but in my Inspection, testing & cert book it says you can make an allowance for diversity.

The circuits in my CU are

Final ring for sockets (upstairs & downstairs) - 32A
Radial for lights (upstairs & downstairs) - 6A
Radial to garage - 32A
Radial to combi - 16A (Isolated with a 3A fuse in FCU)

Would my MD be 51.76A

This is how I worked it out

Sockets 32A + lights (66% of 6A)=3.96A + garage (40% of 32A)=12.8 + combi 3A.

Sponsored Links
52A then (or even 50A would be fine, or 55A if you want to be fussy and not round it down)

Giving it to two decimal places is quite meaningless :D

I'm reminded of the story of the blonde girl in the museum who when asked how old an exhibit is, answers 5,003 years, when the tourist responds about the marvels of modern technology and how they can date it so accuratly and goes onto ask about it, she erely replies that the archaeologists had dated it at 5,000 years old, and that was 3 years ago...

Thanks for confirming that Adam_151. I originally put down 52A & then changed it cause I thought someone might say it was 51.76. :confused:

oh & I'm not blonde ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back