How would you split these loads?

If you could rearrange the circuits to have separate upstairs and downstairs power rings, then have upstairs lighitng and downstairs power on RCD A and downstairs lighting and upstairs power on RCD B.

Ideally I would, I was surprised to find only one ring for all the sockets, I just havent yet worked out the routing of the RF

Put the shed radial on an RCBO not off one of the RCBs.
fair comment! though I know the integrity of this is sound, I installed it myself:cool:

Put in a cooker circuit in case you/someone wants leccy cooking at a later date.
Cooker circuit is already there (6mm), its just been extended to the pantry for the fridge/freezer on 2.5mm and will be on a 16A

I'm not used to doing domestic works, so am just a bit jumpy about having everything on (albeit 2) RCD's, what with 3 fridges and a tumble dryer! I guess these things can be a bit leaky!

I'll split it up to get ballanced loading, see how it works out

Thanks for the advice

:rolleyes:

Nowt wrong with that, homeboy.

2.5mm on a 16A OPD is fine.

Sponsored Links
Not really a DIY job then if you're a commercial/industrial sparky!?

How did you end up splitting the circuits?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back