Maximum depth for threshold bar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Getting my laminate flooring project well under way now, and after levelling the very wonky hallway there is a 25 to 30mm drop into the living room. Will a quick-step incizo 5-1 threshold bar cover this height? Can't find any info on the height tolerance for the reducer bar.

Or does anyone know any other reducer bars that will cover a drop like this, or know if there's a better solution?
Cheers much appreciated!
Liam

Sponsored Links
It won't cover 30mm mate. Sitting flat it's about 8-10 mm. You could use glue an build up to 15mm but that's it. You will need a engineered wood trim I'd say.

When you say glue to build up; how exactly do you mean? (Sorry being a bit thick here!) Do you know anywhere that does engineered ones (and what is it called the thing I'm looking for) that would work?
Cheers mate

Using grip fill or similar ( no nails )
You out plastic backing on incizo bar then glue that an floor then push the trim in an leave to set at height you want.
I use local place that sell trims to trade. Try a local wood flooring shop mate

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back