Maytag dishwasher not working properly.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2yr old Maytag dishwasher. It is filling up with water for each cycle, but is not washing. Just fills up, does nothing for the time it should be washing, and then empties.

Sponsored Links
It could be one of a few problems causing this.

Does the machine simply stop between the fill and empty cycles?

Thanks for your response. After filling with water, it makes a low clicking type of sound for a few moments and then empties. After it empties, it repeats this filling, clicking and emptying all the way through to 'Dry' cycle, with no washing happening.

Although difficult to accurately diagnose over the NET it sounds like the programmer is “skipping” the wash cycle. This is most likely if your model has an electro-mechanical programmer; whilst an electronic version can exhibit the same fault it’s less likely that this would be the only fault. PCBs tend to go down completely. In effect this would mean that you need a new programmer. I reliable and experienced domestic appliance repair company should be able to replace it for you; possibly with a (cheaper) reconditioned unit.

Sponsored Links
Thanks! I'll have it investigated and let you know the results.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back