MBNA oopsy daisy

S

subman101

On Friday I paid off my MBNA credit card as per usual at the end of the month. Or rather, I paid the wrong MBNA card (I have one for Amazon and clicked on this instead). The chap I called told me to call back on Monday since that's when the offices open properly. Does anyone know (he didn't) whether they'll charge me for putting it into the correct card account?:

Forgot to mention - I found out when I logged online just now and saw it sitting there in the wrong account!!! :oops:

Sponsored Links
If you explain the circumstances and that it was a genuine error then as a gesture of 'good will' they shouldn't place a charge on the account.
If they do you can appeal.

it makes me wonder too, just how secure online banking really is..
I have a long standing payee to whom I transfer money to..it's my other half, she uses a different bank.
I made the payment as usual as I have been doing for countless years,
the payment kept getting returned to my account, looking at the payee details it was being sent to a different sort code and account number?
that I did not recognize, I had not altered or changed any payee details..

Wotan

Sponsored Links
When Alliance & Leicester changed hands a couple of years ago the sort code to our account changed as well.
There should be facility in place to cover a transition period for things like this.
Has your 'other half's bank' changed hands?

Back