Mcculloch MAC 335 dies a while working

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland

Mcculloch MAC 335 dies soon after a start to work with it.Everything seems to work correctly but suddenly the machine dies, like it' s not getting fuel anymore.​

Carb is new, filter is new, fuel lines also

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

Mcculloch MAC 335 dies soon after a start to work with it.Everything seems to work correctly but suddenly the machine dies, like it' s not getting fuel anymore.​

Carb is new, filter is new, fuel lines also

Incorrect fuel mix can cause that, heat build up causes it to seize briefly .

if it is stale fuel, then adding a bit of acetone (~120 octane) will lift the rating of the stale fuel enough to help you use it up, might mean you dont have to strip it down

Sponsored Links
Has the fuel been stood in the tank for a long time, may have started to go off. If so it might need replacing. Also fuel filter & carb would probably benefit from a strip & clean. I see you can get a kit including a new carb for a tenner, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384902184730?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338766898&toolid=20006&customid=56e59aca58fbacc9c0eb9eae527eb132&_trkparms=ispr=1&amdata=enc:1o7Z7RhZ5QZ-IFa6wKHludg63 probably not worth playing with it just fit a new one
Amazing value, that kit.....obviously it doesn't contain the two diaphragms that are the main suspect but a replacement carb should sort that.
If the OP wants to bash on, the filter in the carb below the needle valve will be a likely problem, if the saw ticks over well enough but fails when asked to cut.
I'm getting many machines in with a white watery deposit in these filters, and suspect ethanol fuels to be the culprit.
OP - if you do go for that kit, make sure your carb is a Zama - some of these saws come with a walbro carb for some reason.
John :)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Hi all, yes that kit is good value, in fact i bought it and replaced everything ( carb, filter , spark , fuel lines .. ) but still have the problem.
I will try to refill with a new mixture to see if this helps.

thanks
M.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back