Mcgregor 36v cordless lawnmower not charging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I would appreciate any advice
Had the lawnmower 3 years worked beautifully... when I took out to charge after the winter the battery wouldn't charge. The charger flashes red to show there is an issue. I would usually think it's battery but the battery has held 80% charge even though wasn't used in last 6 months. So both battery and charger seem fine apart but not together. I mowed half my lawn and then couldn't get the battery to charge and am in danger of growing a jungle in the back garden please help... I am lost what to do. Have cleaned out both connectors and tried a different charging socket

Sponsored Links
Clean and check terminals. My makita drill terminals bend and don't make contact properly, so I have to bend them back up so they make good contact.

It is a problem, as lithium batteries have over charging prevention often built into the battery, rather than in the charger, and I know I had a pair of vacuum cleaners that refused to work again after being in store while we moved house.

Lead acid I have a good idea how it works, but lithium too easy to cause a fire, I cross my fingers my e-bike battery does not fail, as expensive to replace. I have a laptop which has failed due to a mother board fault stopping the battery charging, my only way to use it seems to buy an old laptop to charge the battery in.

Sponsored Links
If I knew which one was broken I'd replace it, but both seem fine by themselves

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back