Meant to dot dab but dont want to

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We have built a 2 story extension and the kitchen is finished and the plans asked for 50mm insulated plasted boards to be dot dabed on the walls and this is what we did. I am not happy about hanging anything on the walls for different reasons. We are now about to do 2 upstair bedrooms and again the plans state dot dabbing insulated boards. My question is can we baton the walls instead insulate and fix plasterboard to the batons?
Nellie

Sponsored Links
Hi Nellie, i don't see why you can't batten, insulate and board. Dot and Dab is a poor way to finish walls anyway, cheap and nasty, although a lot of people do it that way. It's your job and i'm sure you can get the internal walls finished as you want. Others on here might give you more on this.

Thanks for your replies. We have plans drawn up which went through planning permission and building inspector over sees
Nellie

Sponsored Links
Ask/tell the building inspector you would like batons, insulation, and plasterboard,,, i would. It's a far better, much stronger job than DnD.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back