Megaflo and..... Will this be enough

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have been searching for a while so I wanted to tap the knowledge base a little.

We are finally having the house extended...... plans are in and now just getting final specs.

So, heating questions. What do we choose?

House will be 5/6 bed, 4 bath, lots of underfloor heating including the kitchen living space which is a large area (110m2). House will be around 4000 sq ft of living space with 5 reception rooms.

One plumber has recommended 300 litre megaflo with 42kw boiler.

Another plumber has recommended splitting the system roughly as follows:

- having a 300 L megaflo to run the upstairs bathrooms with a 32kW boiler for upstairs and one side of house heating (the old bit), and
-a combi boiler to heat the underfloor heating and the downstairs hotwater.

I should also add we have 2 small kids and go through a shed load of hot water - our current normal vented system needs to have three cycles per day to keep up (2 x showers in morning, usual heavy use during day and then bath x2 at night (plus usual usage))

Any thoughts? The second plumber mentioned some sort of valve system so one could boost the other (at which point I got very confused).

Help please!

Thanks.

I

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back