Megaflo indirect unvented leak woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, It is leaking from the immersion. On investigation it is not the flange but the actual rod of the element where it passed through the immersion heater into the water jacket :( Got a new one and went to fit it at the weekend but was alarmed by the amount of limescale in the bottom. It wasn't up to the immersion but around 50mm from it. The coil seems clear of limescale apart from the bits of the coil that is buried in the limescale. What I did notice though was a white disc of plastic although wasnt a full circle would imagine that it is something to do with a cover on the floating pressure vessel as the broken off bit that I could see would be roughly the diameter of the internal cavity of the cylinder? Have phoned Heatre Sadia who said it only has a 5 year warranty as no barcode and that it is not a grey top cylinder :( I would imagine that the stainless from the old ones is better grade than the new once and certainly by what I could see of the heating coil this had no limescale at all. Is it correct that megaflo from yesteryear only have a very short warranty. Certainly wasnt expecting to have to purchase a new one given that my old copper one is 25 years plus and was around 1/7th of the price.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Why are you buying a new one? have someone qualified fit an external expansion vessel and clean out the limescale, your cylinder has a few years left in it.

Thats what I was looking for :) At the moment performance seems ok with no output from the tundish. In respect with a bit of tenacity I would say I can get the majority if not all the limescale out. The bit of plastic hanging around I am sure I can get that out. Does this mean my internal airgap is no longer functioning hence it found a weak spot (the immersion). Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back