megaflo pump and switch off issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2 major questions, i have megaflo cylinder in a 4 bed house, the pump setting is on max should I reduce and what does this do. Secondly my pump doesnt turn off unless I use the fuse switch attached to the control unit. I have replaced valves but this has made no difference. Is it a problem with the pump or the motherboard in the boiler. Any help would be great. I have had a sparky check all the wiring to and from control and valves and boiler and they are all good.

Any help would be great!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
With that leve3l of information you have no chance of an answer.

Are you talking about the system pump or a bronze pump?

what boiler and control setup do you have?

its the red pump by cylinder if that helps, boiler is glo worm micron twin valve pressurised system and it is drayton lifestyle top of range lp241?

does that help?

If the pump (red- is that the best you can do) is connected to the heating pipework and 'your sparky' says the wiring is correct, then the fault is in the boiler.

However, from memory some of the smaller Microns dont have pump overrun.

Are you sure the boiler isnt electrically energised all the time.

Sponsored Links
thanks simon yes it is attached to heating pipework, what is a pump overun and what does electriclly energised mean. Also should i turn setting of pump down?

Many boilers have a lag timer on the circulation pump to keep it going for a period after the boiler last fired. This is to allow the heat exchanger to cool down in a controlled manner and prevent thermal stress.

If the boiler has been wired incorrectly, it wil sometimes turn on and off with its internal stats, but keep the pump runnning indefinitely.

Also, sometimes on of the motorised valve end switches can get stuck in the energised position, causing the same effect.

cheers simon, the statement

If the boiler has been wired incorrectly, it wil sometimes turn on and off with its internal stats, but keep the pump runnning indefinitely.

is pretty much spot on for what it is doing. Valves have been changed so not them, Guess it is time to call plumber, had it serviced 2 months ago when we moved in and it hasnt functioned properly yet. Do you think it is very expensive job, cheers for help

What valves have been changed and why? Changing valves isn't going to do anything to cure what is apparently an electrical problem. Also, why the fixation with turning the speed down? It should have been put on the most appropriate setting for your system when it was commissioned, so don't fiddle with it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back