PLS HELP - MEGAFLO AND PUMP ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a flat on 4th/5th floor in London. My flat has no gas and no central heating. For hot water there is a large gas boiler in the basement which serves three flats. I get hot water but pressure is limited even though I have a pump. A tank is upstairs but has been recently removed as it was old and rusty. I am now refurbishing and they are proposing me a Megaflo of 210 lit (megaflo direct DD210HE) plus a pump Wilo Z40/7. Is it a good solution? Will Megaflo get hot water from gas boiler downstairs and keep it? What happens if Megaflo is empty? Will I remain with no water (before it never happened)? Is pump of this kind noisy? What pressure am I to expect? Thanks to anyone who can help. Popper

Sponsored Links
That pump is for circulation, not pressure. It would be used in a large building like a hotel for circulating stored hot water round a pipe loop so nobody has to wait long for HW from their tap. They aren't for providing pressure at the tap.

Putting a megaflo on a low pressure supply is a classic builder's stupid mistake, we see all the time.
You probably had a storage cistern because you needed the thing. Again, refurbishers love saying they aren't needed , when they ARE.

Alarm bells are ringing. If they "simply" want to supply the megaflo with hot water from below, they're mad. It would just go cold.

You must findout how they're configuring things.

Standard wuld be to use mains to supply a cistern, which supplies cold water to a hot water cylinder where its heated. The pump can go before or after the cylinder. If it went before the cyl then you would use a megaflo-type.
Yes those pumps make a noise. You'd want something between say 1.5 and 4 bar head. (That wilo will pump a lot of water but only at about half a bar)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back