Megaflo: Trouble recharging the air gap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a harder time than I think I should when attempting to recharge the air gap on my Megaflo cylinder.

To make sure I'm doing this right: and I realise to some this will sound like a really basic question, which of these two valves is the cold water inlet to the Megaflo?

image.jpg

I thought it was the one nearest me (the one on the right of the photo). When I turn that valve off, and open the hot tap, only a trickle of water comes off and then no more.

Sponsored Links
Great, thanks. One other question: should I expect water to stop discharging from the hot tap and through the tundish at the same time?

When I attempted today, the water stopped from the hot tap very quickly but continued to discharge through the tundish

Edit: I would also add that there is no gurgling sound at all while doing this

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hateful things. Just fit an external expansion vessel.

Are you sure you're opening the correct valve? It's the one on the cylinder you need, not the one on the pipework

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back