Megaflo unvented cylinder no hot water???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have a Megaflo indirect unvented cylinder.

HW has stopped getting hot-still get water from hot taps but it’s cold.

Boiler (Ideal Classic HE) and CH work fine.

Honeywell programmer-when HW is turned on the programmer used to make a clear click, now I can hardly hear it.

2 port valve does nothing when HW is switched on, boiler doesn’t fire.

Have pushed the thermal cut out reset on the Megaflo so am guessing that’s probably not the problem, also Megaflo does heat up water using the immersion back up.

So, I’m thinking it’s either the 2 port valve or the programmer which is the problem, just checking to see if anyone thinks I may have missed something, or if I can tell which of the programmer or the valve the problem is?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
If you have a Honeywell ST9400C programmer it's most likely that that's gone wrong, as there was a bad batch of them that failed prematurely. Only way to be certain is to open up the wiring centre and test to see if the brown wire to the zone valve goes live when you turn the programmer on. If it does, the ZV is at fault, if it doesn't the programmer is at fault

Repairs to the HW control circuit probably need to be done by someone who holds a G3 unvented certificate.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back