Megaflow CL210 query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Megaflo CL210 that I periodically have to replenish the airgap and wondered whether someone could answer a couple of questions I have.

Firstly when I replenish the air gap and open TPR valve it seems to take at least 20 minutes and can still hear gurgling. I have noticed that the height of the TPR and the lowest tap are a very similar height could this be why it takes so long. I can see a drain off cock on the megaflo can this be used to quicken the process.

Also the red expansion vessel, what should the pressure be set to on this.

The reason I ask is that ever since we moved in the pressure has not been brilliant if the bath and shower are running at the same time. I would assume that this type of system should be able to cope with a couple of taps running at the same time.

Thank you in advance for any replies

Sponsored Links
The reason the Megaflo needs the air gap replenished is that it is a design that doesn't work. They patented a floating frisbee inside that was meant to prevent the water and air mixing; they are so certain this doesn't work, and fed up with homeowners calling them, that they now print instructions on the side of their product how to try and remedy it when it depletes.

It shouldn't take 20 mins, are you sure the water is fully turned off?

The red vessel isn't part of the Megaflo....... and the poor flow is down to your incoming cold water main, or there is a blocked strainer on the Megaflo inlet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back